Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Today was another beautiful day. The weather is perfect. There is always a constant breeze off the ocean and it never feels hot which can be kind of dangerous for the skin I suppose, but with Rick looking out for me, I don't have to worry. : )

We went to Ponce Inlet today. There is a beautiful red lighthouse that is supposed to be the tallest one in FL. We attempted to climb it, 207 steps. We made it about 2/3of the way up and then Rick got a little freaked by the height so we stopped and went back down. I was totally exhausted. My legs were shaking for 30 minutes after we got back down! I thought I was in better shape than that. I think I could have made it up there, but was glad that I didn't have to.

We ate tonight at a local restaurant called Stonewood. It was a very romantic setting, at least it had the potential to be. Its tough to have romance when you are sitting next to a group of about twenty 80 yr olds. The food was most excellent. When Rick asked me what I wanted to have for dinner before we went out , I said chicken and salad. Well, I got grouper. It was very good though I don't think I would ever order it again, just not my thing, I guess. Rick got the chicken. There were a lot of things on the menu that I had never heard of, it was that kind of place. It was also the kind of place where the prices are listed in just dollar amounts, i.e. 23-, 32- etc. Again, not my thing. I miss McAllisters! Our waiter was Nick. He was a very social guy and I guess that's all I'll say about him. We haven't been eating well this trip. For some reason, our inhibitions tend to leave us whenever we go on vacation. I'm not going to stress about it too much though. I would rather be fat and happy than thin and unhappy. I am definately happy.

Tomorrow I am absolutely going to get up to see the sunrise. I've been saying that for the last 3 days but tomorrow I'm really going to do it. It's okay, Rick doesn't believe me either. I do like to sleep.

Have a good Wednesday.

No comments: