Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm a little red...

...but its fantastic! So far the weather has been beautiful. The "condo" isn't exactly what we expected. It was supposed to be a studio apartment and I guess it is, we have a kitchen and everything but the bed is a MURPHY BED! That's like a bed in the wall. Its okay and everything but we really like to take naps on vacation. So, the bed goes up and down a lot. Kind of a pain. Its not that comfortable either but with my Ambien, it just doesn't really matter!



I've been feeling sort of nostalgic today. I used to always take my mom and the girls down here to Daytona every summer. We ate lunch today at the little diner across from the resort we always stayed at. We really have some good memories here at the beach. Just the last year we all had a "girl trip" Sienna was in one of her moods the entire trip and was miserable and not very fun. Then on the way home from the trip she said some very hurtful things to me and Rick said, never again. I think if we all had known that would be our last trip together, maybe we all would've been nicer. Hindsight is 20-20. We both, Sienna and I, are different people now and have grown together in our relationship. Its just kind of sad to think of those days and remember. I love being here with Rick, but there is just something about an all girl vacation that is very special.

For some reason, Rick has made it his mission to be the protector of my skin. It seems to make him nervous that I want to spend 5 or 6 hours in the sun. Can't imagine why. lol. I humored him today and only laid out for about 2 hours total. It was heaven. Tomorrow, I'm shooting for 4.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are basking in the sun! :) Wish I was there to bask with you! How funny about the Murphy bed! You must get a picture of it coming down or going up to SB. Rick will help out with that project, I'm sure! ;)

Miss you guys! Have lots of fun!