Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My kids crack me up sometimes. Sienna had this whole" shopper's high" thing going the other day. I think she spent like $104. Now this is a girl on a budget. So the very next day, she calls me and asks me for money because she's spent all of hers. Hmmmmmm, I wasn't exactly born yesterday. So I suggested she take some of the stuff back that she got at Goody's the night before and she said, "Yeah mom, but I need that stuff." This coming from a girl who has absolutely no free space in her closet or in her dresser or under her bed. All I can say is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I had to point out to her that I am grounded and if I gave her money that would be like me buying the stuff she just bought from Goody's and well, that might not go over too well here at the Rick Phillips' Bunny Ranch. I'll probably give her the money, but I'll make her sweat just a bit first.; )

My darling Chanel......there's always a story about Chanel.lol. She's such a colorful girl! She has finals this week and she really kinda has to pass her finals so that she graduates on Saturday. So what does she do the weekend before finals? She goes to Nashville and stands in line for 11 yep 11 hours for a 20 second interview for Deal or No Deal. 11 hours for 20 secs. On the weekend before finals. {{sigh}} That's my girl. ( I would never admit it to Rick, but I would have absolutely done the same thing).

My mom had a total knee replacement today. She has seemed to do pretty well. When I talked to my sister earlier today, Mom was feeling no pain thanks to the morphine drip. I hear that its a pretty painful recovery after this surgery but I am hoping that in the long run she will be pain free. I sometimes wish we lived closer to my parents. My dad doesn't tolerate changes in his routine very well and my sister is a single mother of 5 boys and she won't have much time to help out. Mom is going to need help. I can't get away until next weekend. I'm feeling kind of guilty about that. Wish I could get down there sooner. Hopefully all will be well.

Don and Leeann have taken Katie to Disney this week. I am so jealous. I'm so hoping that they catch the Disney bug and want to go back when we go in October. Disney is my most favorite place to be ( second only to being in our great bed snuggled up next to Rick.)

Have a happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - how funny are your girls! :) They are definitely your daughters, though!!! :)

Glad your mom is ok. Sorry you will be gone next weekend though! You should fly Allegiant Air... it's like $39 one way non-stop from TYS to MCO.

Totally have gotten the Disney bug... read my blog!

Love & miss ya!
LA :)