Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Marathons? me?

Okay, so I've worked out everyday this week so far, just to try to catch up with Chanel. She called me yesterday at 7 am her time. Had already been out doing 3 miles. When I ask her what in the world she is doing out in 30 degree weather at 7 am, she informs me she is training for the New York Marathon. Hmmmmmm. I love her so much, but she is a bit grandiose sometimes. I don't think she really plans on running in the marathon but she has a definate goal in mind that she wants to be ready to if the opportunity arises. I just can't compete. But its okay. Some girls at work and I have decided that we are going to run in the Race for the Cure this year. Its in October, so I have plenty of time to train for it. I think its only like 5K but I have been pretty sedentary for a long time and it will definately take some training to get ready but I'm pretty sure I can do it. We got a new bed today and as my husband describes it, its "freakishly high". That could be part of my training right there, I have to take a running jump just to get up on it!

No comments: