Monday, January 08, 2007

I heard a very profound thing on TV last night. Its not often one hears things worth repeating from TV but this is, I think. It was actually on that show Til Death. If you are married or in a long term relationship and you haven't seen this show, you absolutely must. Its hilarious. Brad Garrett plays in the starring role and he said that in every relationship you have a gardener and you have the flower. The gardener takes care of the flower and the relationship flourishes. I'm not sure I agree that this is always the case but I think that oftentimes it is. I have been fortunate in my life to be both the gardener and the flower in different relationships. The best relationships for me are those where I can be both at different times. Its always nice to take care of others but its also nice to be the one who is taken care of. I must say that in my relationship with my husband, I am definately the flower. My husband is the gardener and the sunshine and the fertilizer all wrapped up in one package. He nurtures me. He is my ray of sunshine and I could never make it in this world without him. He picked me up when I was down 10 years ago and I am ever so grateful for that. It is because of him that I am able to be the gardener for the other beautiful flowers in my life.

No comments: