Sunday, June 03, 2007

Chanel




We were finally able to take Chanel out for her graduation/birthday dinner. We went to the Melting Pot. The dessert (yes, I had dessert) was divine! They have the best chocolate/peanut butter fondue. The whole meal took about 2 1/2 hours. I know that seems like a long time, and our butts did get sore, but just the experience of having that much time to chat with Chanel was wonderful. I really enjoy being with her. She has such a vibrant, fun personality. Anyone who has met her knows what a beautiful soul she is. She seems to be doing okay without Jesse and is planning to start dating again. Its been a big blow to her, but she's pretty resilient. I'm not a big religious person, but I think God knew what he was doing when he ended that relationship.

After dinner we took Rick home and Chanel and I went to a movie. We saw Miss Potter. It must not have gotten much publicity because I had never heard of it, but it was a very good movie. It was about the life of the children's book author, Beatrix Potter. It was a very touching story. I cried, but it doesn't take much for me to cry in movies.

Chanel and I are on another 30 day challenge. We both have specific goals that we want to achieve with our weight before the end of summer. We do better when we are challenging each other. Its good to have weight loss buddies. Its pretty funny though, she was talking to me about this weight loss challenge just as she was giving me a gift of a book called "365 reasons to Stop Dieting." I just had to laugh!

Tomorrow Sienna and I are going to Splash Country. I am very excited about that. I haven't seen Sienna since before vacation and I think it will be fun to spend some time together. The last time I went to Splash Country, Chanel woudn't use sunscreen and she left there with blisters from a sunburn. We will have to be careful. I think Sienna will be more cautious.

I am so looking forward to CKU in August. I have never been to a big scrapbooking thing before and it feels like I am going to Disneyworld or something, I am so excited! Spending 3 days with Leeann sounds wonderful. I love being with you, Leeann.

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments: