Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yay for Rick!!

Rick told me Saturday night that the TV stand exploding was going to turn out to be very expensive. I just kind of looked at him and said ,"huh?" I mean, TV stands aren't that expensive. Maybe $1000 at the most. We went to look for a TV stand at Best Buy on Sunday. And we came out with a TV!! The TV stand is on order. The TV is awesome. Just the one I wanted. (yep, I'm spoiled.) So, now with the TV, we have to have a home theater system and of course soon, HD DVRs. It has definately become a very expensive explosion. I am just so proud of Rick that we were able to go in there, pick out a TV within an hour and bring it home on the same day! So proud!

The kids were here yesterday. Chanel showed up unexpectedly and I was so happy to see her. We went swimsuit shopping for Sienna. She must have tried on at least 40 swimsuits and we finally found the perfect one. She is so cute in it. We had planned to go to Splash Country but she had to have a swimsuit first. You see, her ex-boyfriend is a lifeguard at Splash Country and she has to look her best when we go back there so that he can see what he is missing. He's an idiot anyway and I have no idea why she wants to impress him, but whatever, it was fun! We do love to shop together.

Chanel always makes me laugh. She is the kind of girl that everyone just loves to be around. I love that about her.

We were in Target yesterday and I saw after 15 secs that there was some make-up there that I just had to have so I quickly grabbed it up and tossed it in the cart. The kids sort of did a double take, I guess since I made such a snap decision, and Chanel said, "Mom! It's no wonder we are such impulse buyers, we got it from you!' I had to stop and think for a second about that comment. She's right, I'm sure they have gotten their shopping habits from me and I am not so sure that's a good thing. Once again with the guilt! Sorry to have failed you girls so!!! I'm so ashamed! lol. We definately have a good time shopping together. I think they will adjust.

I'm off to Nashville for the weekend. Leaving Thursday. Going to a conference on pain and addiction with Julie and John. NOT looking forward to it. 16 hours on that subject. I can't imagine sitting through all of that. I mean how much can be said about Pain Pill addiction? *sigh* I've gotten to where I love to spend time here in my little office on the weekends. I am going to miss that this weekend. So, anyway, I'll see ya'll when I get back.

Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments: