Friday, May 09, 2008

My dad's 70th birthday


We went to my mom and dad's after our trip to Disney for my dad's birthday. I think he was thrilled to have us all there. Though he is frequently loud and gruff he is getting so he tears up more and becomes more emotional when he is happy. He almost cried to have everyone there and he was very happy to have the party. Its hard to believe he is 70 and he seems like he is in good health (his doctors say he is) still despite all the drinking and smoking he does. We had a good time. Ruth was there with her three youngest, most rambunctious boys. I don't know how she does it! I guess she can because she is just as rambunctious at they are. She seemed to be on her best behavior and I was glad to be able to spend some time with her.

I really need to get down to see my parents more. It has been harder and harder to live so far away from them even though they drive me crazy sometimes, I miss them. It's especially hard when I miss birthdays and mother's and father's days.

Rick no longer has his parents and so it makes me appreciate mine even more when I think about that. One problem is that my family is so loud that Rick gets overstimulated easily. We are so used to having things nice and quiet so Rick has to take my family in small doses.

Anyway, it was a nice end to our trip. My mom and I are planning on taking another trip to Michigan in July to visit my aunts and uncles (yep another vacation) . So that should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your trip and seeing your pictures! I'm sure you have many more that I will hopefully see when we get together to crop... hopefully soon!

I miss you! We have to find time soon! Thanks for the lunch invitation Friday - I wish it would work. Maybe soon!

Love ya!
LA :)