Friday, June 12, 2009

It will all be worth it

Yesterday I had a bad day at work. Then I was supposed to catch a flight to Kansas City so I could visit Chanel this weekend. My flight was delayed by 2 1/2 hours. Then, of course, I missed my connection in Chicago. Now, mind you, I always have Rick around to settle me down when things like this happen. But I was all by myself and I had had way too much coffee because I knew I would be up late. So, I was a nervous wreck. When I figured out that I would have to stay overnight in Chicago I cried. Not because I would have to stay. but because I would have to stay without my make up and my hair straightener. LOL. I was crying with Chanel on the phone and I kept saying, "but I'm going to look like a hag!" Nah, I'm not vain at all.
Chicago airport is huge and I was fearful of that but once I realized I missed my flight, I was able to sort of wander around and try to figure out what I should do.

We love to stay at Country Inns and Suites and Rick had texted me their # so I called them and got a room and they sent a shuttle. The shuttle driver kind of looked scary. I was still pretty anxious. So we are driving and driving through a rough part of town and I just knew he was going to take me out into some dark alley and murder me. This is what too much coffee and too little sleep does to me. I was paranoid. So much so that I even started a text to Rick to tell him I was in Chicago and if he didn't hear from me, I was probably a goner. But then, just as I was going to send it, I saw the hotel which turned out to be 25 mins from the airport. So then I get all checked in and its about 11:30 Chicago time. And I had to get up at 4. And of course I couldn't go to sleep. I think I may have slept 2 hours last night.

But today has been good. The flight was fine and I made it to the hotel without problem. I feel much more relaxed today. Chanel is working until 5 so I think I'll just lay by the pool and relax a bit before she gets here. I am so excited to see her! We are going to The Melting Pot tonight and then tomorrow we will have the whole day to spend together. I think we are going to an amusement park. I had talked to Leeann yesterday when I was so stressed at the airport and she just said, it will all be worth it when you get to see Chanel and she is so right.

I'll post pics when I have them.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics!! It will be worth it and it will be fun to hear more about your great big adventure to the midwest!!! LOL!! Miss you!

LA :)