Friday, June 19, 2009

I had a wonderful time in Kansas city.




So, Friday, Chanel had to work. I had planned on using her car when I arrived Thursday night so that I could do some sight seeing while she was at work. But that didn't work out. I thought I might take a cab into town, but it turns out that the hotel was about 20 mins from downtown and that probably would have cost me a fortune, so I just hung out at the hotel. Sat by the pool for awhile. Watched people work out, lol. I should have been working out myself but I was so tired. So, I took a 3 hour nap.

I was so happy to see Chanel at the end of the day! She always has a bright, happy face and I just love to see her. We were headed to the Melting Pot for dinner. It is Chanel's favorite place and she just can't afford it right now, so I was happy to treat her. Chanel's roommate, Lisa joined us. Love her. Chanel had told me that she thought Lisa was the nicest girl she's ever known. I thought, How sweet. Well the funny thing is, Lisa told me the same thing about Chanel. They are a match made in heaven.


Saturday, we slept in late, had a big breakfast and we were off to downtown. I'm so glad I brought my GPS because Chanel had no clue where to go. The GPS took us right to where we needed to be. We went to a few museums. Took lots of pictures. We saw a Lego exhibit which was so awesome. We ate lunch at the Crown Center in a little restaurant called Fritz's. There is a rail that goes all along the top of the room and a little choo choo train delivers your food right to your table. So fun!



There is a place called The Plaza in the middle of downtown. It was so beautiful there. At least 50 fountains and all kinds of sculptures. It's got all kinds of stores, American Eagle, Eddie Bauer, Tiffany's. And many stores that I've never heard of. The plaza expands 12 blocks. The architecture is beautiful. Spanish, I think. So we are walking along taking photos, and there is this guy sitting on a bench with a jar of change in his hand. And he is chanting, "would you like to make a donation for a downpayment on a cheeseburger?" over and over. And he was bringing in the money! Now that's being innovative. I wish I had taken a picture. It seemed to be making people want to donate, moreso than to those who just stand on the corner with their cardboard signs.T here were people playing music on the sidewalks and that was fun to stop and listen to. There were people everywhere but it didn't seem too crowded. What a great experience!



Kansas City is a lovely city. I can understand why Chanel wants to live there. So much cultural stuff to do. Jazz, art, BBQ. I loved it there. And the people are so friendly.

I feel better now about Chanel being there. I'm so glad I went. She seems happy with her job. She lives in a beautiful house with good roommates. I think she's a bit lonely though. She needs a good friend. She needs Steve there but I'm not sure that is happening anytime soon. I hope that he can get the transfer before long.

I miss her already and am planning my trip back. I'm hoping I can do it a little less expensively next time though.

No comments: