Friday, November 30, 2007

Feeling the pressure

We leave for our cruise in 7 days. I am so very excited about going. December is like the perfect time to go because it is cold here and it is definitely not in the Caribbean. Nothing like lying on the beach in a hammock in December. We usually go in December but as we plan to go again this year, I am feeling the pressure to get my Christmas preparations done. I have three scrapbook projects that I intended to finish before Christmas. I really don't see that happening.And my Christmas cards just may not make it out of the planning stages. We won't be back in town before the 16th or 17th. and then Christmas is the following week. Yikes. I am hoping I might find some gifts in the Virgin Islands. But if not, I guess the old stand-by gift cards will have to do. Though I can say, its not really about the gifts anyway, I have two daughters who will beg to differ with me. Even into adulthood. Regardless of their wishes, I am definitely going to scale back this year. The days of presents overflowing under the tree are over. At least until my grandchildren arrive. :)

Planning on going to Dollywood tomorrow to see all of the festivities. Should be a fun day!

Have a happy Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a blast at Dollywood last night! I bet ya'll will too! I hope we can try to go together once before year end... maybe in between Christmas and when it closes. Have a great day!
Love ya!
LA :)