Sunday, February 10, 2008

Movin' Out


I tried to put a link in here, but it doesn't look like it works. So I put it over on the side so you can just click over there.

We went last night to see this show. Nobody else really liked it and I was kind of so-so about it during the first act but I LOVED the second act. It was like a ballet to a Billy Joel concert. The dancers were down on stage doing their thing and the band was up above the stage playing Billy Joel songs. The guy who sang the classic Billy Joel songs was incredible! He sounded almost just like him.

The ballet was a great story of a high school kid who gets jilted by the girl he loves for another guy and then he and his best friends join the marines because he has a broken heart. His best friend is killed by gunfire and this kid, Eddie, turns to drugs in his mourning. So it goes all through the whole hitting the bottom thing. Finally, he comes out of it after a nightmare about the war and about death. He gets his act together and ends up with his best friend's widow. And everyone lives happily ever after. At least, that was my interpretation of the show. There wasn't actually any talking in the play. The only vocalization was from the guy singing.

I really loved the show. I guess I could really appreciate the talent of the dancers because of my girls being in dance when they were younger. I know how hard you have to work to be good and wow, these guys were good.

The others, Don, Leeann, and Rick, were kind of bored throughout the show. I thought after intermission that they would want to leave but we didn't and I am so glad we stayed.
There were a couple of vulgar scenes that would have been fine if there weren't 8 yr. old kids sitting right behind us. But the scenes were only about 5 minutes. So I would advise not taking your kids to see this show.

All in all, we had a wonderful time last night. As we always do when we are with our dearest friends.

No comments: