Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Having a magical time

We decided to come down here to the clubhouse so Rick could do some things on the computer and so I can briefly write in my blog. The place we are staying is really very beautiful and we love it here. I'm not quite sure why they are so backward as to not have wifi in the rooms but here we are.


We are having such a good time here. Its rained every day which is just incredible because Florida has been in the middle of a draught for the entire summer and now that we are here, its raining. Its really been okay though usually we are at the parks until the early afternoon and it rains when we are done. The first day, we were going to go to the Magic Kingdom and we walked outside and it was drizzly. So we decided to go to Walgreens and buy some ponchos and still brave the rain. But when we got to the park it started raining even harder and my hood wouldn't stay up and we were getting drenched. I was so disappointed and I even told Rick that we should just turn around and come back to the condo. But then we were arriving just as the park was opening and they were having the countdown on the loudspeakers and my heart started racing and I got tears in my eyes and I knew there was no way I was turning back then. I was so excited!!!! We weren't in the park 5 minutes and it stopped raining. We got off Buzz Lightyear and it was beautiful! Ahhhhhh, what a great day it was. That place really is magical, even for a 41 yr old woman. It was great to see all the little kids getting excited about the rides and the characters but most of all it was wonderful feeling the excitement for myself! We had lunch at the Crystal Palace which is a character meal. Rick was very enthused about the great buffet, I was excited about Pooh and Tigger and Eyeore! It was so fun! I even twirled my napkin above my head as they had the parade through the restaurant.


There has been so much that has happened and life has been good to us this week. I'll write more soon. Rick is ready for his daily nap so I guess we'll go back to our room. Tomorrow, we are off to Epcot and we will finish our quest for chocolate around the world. Yum. I'm ashamed to tell all that we have been eating this week. Disney really has some incredible restaurants and hey, we are on vacation. Today we had lunch at Caseys famous hot dog place in the Magic Kingdom. I personally think Five Guys is better, but at Disney, its the experience, not necessarily the food that you pay for. So anyway, we are off to sleep off all of those calories!!



Have a magical day!

No comments: