Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Retirement...or not



Rick and I had been planning for years that we would retire in 2015. Then a few years ago, he said that he would retire in 2015 but that he still wanted me to work 1-2 days per week. Ok... Then a couple of years ago, he said he would retire in 2015 and I still had to work 2-3 days a week for 5 years. Ok...Then yesterday, he told me that no, he wasn't going to retire in 2015. He was going to wait to retire for another 10 years. Which means I will have to continue to work, doing what I am doing, for another 10 years. The thought of this makes me very sad. I don't think I can do what I am doing for 10 more years. I just can't. So now I am busy thinking about other plans.

I understand where Rick is coming from, I do. And I will be supportive of whatever he thinks we should do. I don't have to like it though. I need to figure something else out.