Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just have to say, I have the best husband, friends and family that anyone could ever have. Birthdays are kind of a big deal for me. When I was growing up, my dad always made sure we had wonderful birthdays and they are still very important to me. It's kind of nostalgic.

Treat 1: On Friday, Rick spoiled me as always. He just keeps giving and giving and giving. He gave me a Kindle, more training sessions with my trainer and a shopping spree. And that's not all, I've also had like 3 birthday dinners! You see, with me, it's not just a birthday, it's a birthday weekend.

Treat 2: Saturday, I used Rick's birthday money to go shopping with Sienna. I got the most beautiful Jessica Simpson purse. It is Patent leather leopard print! I think it's beautiful! Its so me! Saturday night, we went out with two of our best friends, Don and Leeann. We always have so much fun with them! They make me laugh and I love that. The gifts from them were wonderful, including a gift card only to be used when I go to visit Chanel. Leeann knows how much I miss Chanel and I hope I get to use that gift card soon. We went to Side Splitters again after dinner. Leeann and I are both trying to limit our calorie intake so I was wondering how funny it would be this time with us not drinking alcohol. (I did have 1/2 a beer) Our headliner, Julie Scoggins, was so very funny! we were rolling with laughter! So, even without alcohol it was great!

Treat 3: On Sunday, my treat was having breakfast twice! I LOVE breakfast! I wish I could eat it with every meal sometimes. We had IHOP for breakfast and Cracker Barrel for dinner.

The best treats of all: Today, my actual birthday, I went first thing to swim at the pool. Then at 10 I went to Ross the Boss Spa and had the most wonderful hour long massage. Amy is the lady who always does my massages and her hands are magic. So, relaxing. After the massage, I took a long hot shower in a shower that had 5 shower heads! Felt so good!
I also had a nice visit with Kimi while I had a pedicure. So, everything is good and I'm am all chilled and relaxed and I go to pay and Courtney says "you're all taken care of, Shara called and paid for it." omg, I was like, really? She paid for me? really? I couldn't believe it. Such a wonderful birthday surprise!

Then..best of all....There is this dress at Torrid that I absolutely love. It came out at the beginning of summer and I thought it was too expensive. I kept going back to look at it...still not on sale. I even put it on my Amazon wish list. I talk about that dress all the time. LOVE that dress. I just looked at it last week. Still not on sale and there were only two left in the store. And lo and behold, Sienna walked into my house today with that DRESS!!! And guess what? It was on sale when she got it today! It went on sale on my birthday! I was meant to have that dress!!! lol. I meant to take a pic today but forgot. I plan on wearing it all the time. LOVE THAT DRESS!

Up to this point, I haven't had birthday cake. I'm really trying to watch what I eat, but I really wanted birthday cake. and I wanted Carrot Cake. So Gondolier has the best carrot cake ever so that's where we went to eat dinner. But when we got there, there was no carrot cake in the case. I was very disappointed. But when I asked, the server said, "you're in luck. We just put the carrot cake out." Yay for us!!

So this has been a wonderful birthday weekend. I am so grateful for everyone who loves me and who cares about me enough to help me to have a happy birthday. Thanks everyone!

No comments: