Sunday, February 08, 2009

These are the days that try men's (or women's) souls.

Sienna told me today that she has been laid off from her job effective immediately. A year ago, I would have said, It's okay, you'll just find another. Today, I can't offer that bit of encouragement. The unemployment rate just keeps climbing. Now, both of my girls are unemployed and I am like, what the heck?! How are people supposed to make a living? I'm worried. Chanel is in California and though I am not sure whether she is planning on living out there or not, California has double digit unemployment rates. Like the highest in the country along with Rhode Island and Michigan. I don't think California is the place for her to be, but where is?

You know what the crazy thing is? We are busier than ever at my job. People may not have enough money for the light bill, but they are making sure they have enough for their psychiatrist. People are so stressed out these days, they need to see their psychiatrist now more than ever. Sad times.

So, I don't know what Chanel and Sienna are going to do. I don't know how to fix it for them. Just keep praying, I guess.

No comments: