Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm her person


My friend Leeann's horse passed away this morning. It was a tragic thing that never should have happened and I am sorry for their loss. You see, her pain is my pain just like her joy is my joy. Its tough seeing her so sad. I am her person and she is mine.

I was talking to my friend Christy today. She is getting married in April and they want to start trying for children right away. She fears that there will be difficulty getting pregnant and then when she does, maintaining the pregnancy. So, they've decided that when she does get pregnant, she and her Rick will each have one person to tell and then hold off on telling anyone else until after the first trimester. And she told me that I am her person! I was like, really? Me? I'm your person? seriously? There comes a point in every friendship, I think, where you think about how close your friendship is. I mean, I feel very close to Christy, and I know that she feels close to me, but her person? Wow. I am honored.

I hope you all have your person. I couldn't live without mine. It's rare that you have a friendship where they know all there is to know about you, good and bad, and they still will call you their person. I treasure those friendships.

Have a happy night.

No comments: