Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Race for the Cure



This is me at 7 am before coffee and before makeup. eech. We walked for the Race for the Cure on Saturday. I bet there were at least 10,000 people there! You can see from this picture how many were ahead of us and there were just as many behind us.
I went with my friends Christy and Shara. It was a beautiful day for a walk. The race was 5K or about 3 miles. There were bands playing, singers singing, cheerleaders cheering all along the way. They were all definitely very motivating. I didn't whine one time but at one point, I saw a sign that said 1 mile and I was like, Surely that means we only have one mile to go, right? Nope. We had only walked one mile. But it was so crowded at first that we were moving very slowly for the first mile and it seemed to take forever. The last 2 miles went much faster because the crowds thinned out. It was a great day.

I am back to normal now with my moods. I feel great. I so can appreciate my good moods now. I will not let Dr. Jobson mess with my medicine again unless I am already doing poorly..never again when I am doing fine.

We are planning our 25th High School Reunion for June. It is so hard to believe that it has been 25yrs since I graduated high school. I mean, 25 yrs? wow. So I've gotten in touch with a lot of old classmates. Some of them look just the same. Others look so different. Everyone recognizes me of course because of my red hair. Its strange though, I really don't have a lot of memories from high school. I mean, I recognize the people of course, but actual events, I don't really remember. I don't know if that's normal or not, but that's how it is for me. It makes me a little sad. But, my memory for everything is abnormally bad.

We are leaving for Disney on Thursday. It will be a much needed break for us. Rick is working at least 60 hour weeks. I have been working more and am totally stressed out since Julie left. Much needed break. I plan on eating a lot, sleeping a lot, lying by the pool a lot and meeting Donald Duck for the first time ever. Woohoo!

Have a happy week!

No comments: